For the lamb:
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1kg diced lamb shoulder
1 medium onion, diced
2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
5 whole cloves garlic
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
2 tablespoons tomato paste
zest of 1 lemon
2 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
1 tablespoon honey
1. Add 1/2 of the lamb to a hot pan, and brown well. Remove to a plate, and repeat with remaining lamb. Then add the oil and spices to the lamb.
2. Reduce the heat to medium & add the garlic, onions and carrots
3. Stir in the fresh ginger and tomato paste, then return the lamb to the pan and stir in the lemon zest, chicken stock, apricots, and honey.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until the lamb is tender.
5. About 45 minutes before the lamb is done, cut potatoes 4 ways and place into oven to roast
6. Stir the roasted potatoes into the stew.
"Just wanted to let you know that you folks have allowed my husband and I to send my Daughter and Son-in-Law the perfect gifts. We live in the US and they live in Auckland! It's very difficult, being so far away, to know what they might need and sending things they want can be as expensive to mail as to acquire! But everyone looks forward to having such wonderful high quality meats your company provides! Thank you so much for your terrific quality products and outstanding service!"