500g Meat Cuisine Beef Mince
2 large eggplants, sliced lengthways
2 large onions, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
400g can chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Salt and pepper
½ cup flour
2½ cups milk
¹/³ cup grated parmesan cheese
1.Heat oven to 200°C.
2. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Place the sliced eggplant in the water and simmer for 5 minutes to poach. Remove to a colander and drain well.
3. Heat pan, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, the onion, garlic and lamb mince and cook for 5 minutes.
4.Add tomatoes, tomato paste and parsley. Bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Line bottom of baking dish with eggplant. Spoon over meat mixture, then add another layer of eggplant. Continue until baking dish is full or you run out of ingredients. Finish with a layer of eggplant.
6. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously. Remove from the heat and whisk in the milk until blended.
7. Return to the heat and cook for 3 minutes, stirring until the white sauce thickens. Season with salt and white pepper. Pour sauce over the eggplant layers and scatter with parmesan cheese. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serves 6.
JOIN OUR LOYALTY CLUB
within the Auckland Metro area covering Albany to Papakura & West to Henderson
"Just wanted to let you know that you folks have allowed my husband and I to send my Daughter and Son-in-Law the perfect gifts. We live in the US and they live in Auckland! It's very difficult, being so far away, to know what they might need and sending things they want can be as expensive to mail as to acquire! But everyone looks forward to having such wonderful high quality meats your company provides! Thank you so much for your terrific quality products and outstanding service!"
Brian and Kathy Ward
Hi team, just wanted to say a big thank you for your amazing service. I needed to cater for a dinner party and fell upon your website after searching “Gourmet Meat”. I live in Whangarei and thought I would purchase a few different items to try and test your service before placing a large order for our party. I was so impressed at how efficient your service was. I ordered my meat online one day, and it was couriered from Akld to Whg the next day. The meat arrived all professionally packaged and in excellent condition with freeze packs included in the box to keep the meat cool. The meat itself is to die for!!!!! Everything is as described on your website. The price is deserving of the meat provided and very affordable, your meat is extremely superior to that offered in other butchery’s and supermarkets and more importantly is very flavoursome! We will be ordering all our meat online from hereon in. Thanks team.
"Just a quick note to say thank you! Our friend was most impressed with the package we had you send for his birthday. Many thanks for the excellent service."
Eloise & Lance Barnes
"I am just writing to in say how much I and my family enjoyed the Rolled Boned Pork which we picked up for Christmas Dinner. There was a beautiful covering of fat which was fantastic for crackling. The meat was moist and soft.
We all agreed that it was one of the best pieces of pork that we had in a long time."
"I live in Sydney and thought I'd try your online shopping service.My family were both surprised and impressed by the quality of the meats and the speedy fast delivery service.I myself am very happy with the fact that you offer this service online and that I could present my family with a great gift from the heart to nourish the soul and fill their bellies during the festive season.
Again, I thank you and will be recommending your online shopping service to my friends and family here in Australia. Until my next purchase. Keep up the good work! Happy prosperous new year!"
Read more happy customers