Slow Cooked Beef Stew
1 Cup Beef Bone Broth/Stock (for optimum nutrition and taste, make your own)
1kg Diced Meat (Beef or Lamb)
1/2 Cup Red Wine
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
4 Potatoes, or 1 Large Kumara (cut into large chunks)
2 Carrots (chopped)
2 Onions (cut into 1/4s )
1 Cup button mushrooms, chopped
3 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
1 Tsp Rosemary
1 Tsp Thyme
4 rashers of Meat Cuisine Streaky Bacon
1. Chop bacon into small pieces and fry in pan until crispy, remove and refrigerate
2. Brown diced meat in remaining bacon grease.
3. Place carrots, onion, potato and garlic into the bottom of your crockpot.
4.Add diced meat.
5. In a large bowl mix together red wine, vinegar and tomato paste, then pour evenly into the crockpot. You may wish to add water so that meat is almost covered.
6.Top with chopped mushrooms (these don't have to be covered)
7. Set crockpot to low and go about the rest of your day (7-10 hours)!
8. When you are ready to eat, give it a good stir 10 minutes prior and add bacon pieces, herbs, salt & pepper to taste.
"Just wanted to let you know that you folks have allowed my husband and I to send my Daughter and Son-in-Law the perfect gifts. We live in the US and they live in Auckland! It's very difficult, being so far away, to know what they might need and sending things they want can be as expensive to mail as to acquire! But everyone looks forward to having such wonderful high quality meats your company provides! Thank you so much for your terrific quality products and outstanding service!"